Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Does God Exist? My Faith Tells Me Yes

Many people don't believe in the existence of God or any other god. Many people have blind faith. Who is right? Can we rely on science to prove everything? Is the existence of life only on one planet in this vast universe the result of random events? Was everything planned by one supreme being or infinite intelligence? This blog is just to share one of my experiences and why I believe in God and why this faith has me believing in Jesus Christ. Will I judge you if you don't believe, no cause that's not my job. My duty, according to the bible, is to share my belief. Don't ask me where it says this cause I've mentioned before that my memory is bad and I have trouble memorizing scripture.

This morning I went for a hike in Glendale, CA at Brand Park, http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=XTR003-024. I had a lot of things on my mind, mostly prayers for friends that I wanted God to hear. I always feel that a good walk helps clear my head for meditation and good conversation with God. For some reason I thought making myself really struggle and climb over 1000 feet would put me in a better position for him to hear me :). I know the link says it's a 6.5 mile loop but I don't want anyone to think I did 6.5 miles. Since I was a kid there's one spot on this trail that I've always climbed up to but for some reason being 50 pounds overweight makes this seem a lot farther than it was when I was a kid. I made this spot my goal and I was focused to reach my goal.

On the way up I was faced by the devil. He took the shape of a sharp pain in my lower back. Eager to make me give up the pain compounded and my breathing became heavier. The temptation to quit was growing stronger and I started to think if God really wants to hear from me he'll make the devil go away. Not even half way up the devil did a good job at making me realize my weaknesses. I am overweight, out of shape, and weak. I am alone and starting to feel that God has abandoned me.

All of a sudden I felt a boost in my will power. Thoughts raced through my head that continued to encourage me. I focused on why I started this journey. I started thinking of the struggle Jesus went through as he carried the cross and eventually died for us. My faith was giving me the strength and filling me with hope that I will complete my goal. God showed me the best example of being a great Father. He allowed me to take on as much as I'm capable of taking on by myself before he filled my mind with encouragement. I was never really alone, he was always right there with me. As a father I have to do the same with my children. Make sure that I allow them to take on things on their own and give them the right amount of encouragement. I want to make sure I do not intervene and this way they will grow in faith also. Because of my faith I always have hope.

No comments: