Monday, March 16, 2009

Burbank Parochial League 2009 - SRB

utterli-image
A while ago I wrote about my t-ball team and how proud I was of them. On Sunday March 15, 2009 we had our picnic. This is a great time for the kids and parents to get together for some games and great bbq. Most importantly you get to feel the love that we all have for our kids.

As a rookie coach I was initiated by being put behind the grill and having to chop up some tomatoes. Thank God for the beautiful day. We also had egg toss, water balloon toss, 3 legged races and much more.

We concluded the festivities with trophies and gift cards to the kids that have played since T-ball and this was their final year cause now it is off to high school. The "A" division which is made up of 8th and 7th graders won the Championship for SRB.

I wrote before that I was honored just by being a part of these kids' lives and them showing me that they improved throughout the season and then they surprised me with a gift. I was really touched by this gift and so I had to share it. If you cannot make out the picture, it is a Mets Jersey with all of the kids' hand prints. I strongly recommend the Burbank Parochial League for anyone in the area. Sign ups for next season are held in October and for more information go to http://www.bplbaseball.com/

Mobile post sent by mar2473 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: