Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Understanding My Purpose

There are times that I question if what I am doing in life is what I am supposed to be doing. Okay I question it a lot. Being in real estate is a struggle. There are so many factors that are out of my control. Then I spend money to try to make money and by the time I get additional business I need to figure out where to get more money so I can advertise. It becomes a vicious circle and many are lucky to have spouses that could support them and here I am as a single parent making my kids sacrifice right along with me as I try to build my business.

Days like today make me realize that the struggle is well worth it and it is not because I'll be receiving a commission check soon. I just helped someone get into a home. This is their biggest purchase so far and a giant step for the newlyweds. Soon they'll start their family there and have many Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners. I played a big role in this purchase. This was their first real step in building wealth aside from having a savings account. I love this feeling.

Best of all they will benefit from the $8000 refundable tax credit and the mortgage interest deduction. Their payments are now building equity instead of just going down the drain like the rent. I taught renters how to become homeowners and I'm able to do this on a mass scale thanks to the internet and have time to do something else that I love, spend time with the kids.

Mobile post sent by mar2473 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: