Sunday, March 1, 2009

2009 St. Robert Bellarmine Mets - T-ball

My t-ball season came to an end yesterday as we took on the 1st seeded team, St. Finbar Phillies. It was one of the best games of the year and I couldn't have asked my kids for any more than what they gave me.



These kids were having fun and playing their hearts out. My team was made up of a lot of 5 and 6 year olds and the other team was a lot of 7 year olds. Anybody that knows the league would have told you that the Phillies were going to sweep the floor with us. They were a very dominant team throughout the season and came in to the tournament with only one loss. As my kids started to score you can see the frustration of the other coaches setting in and at the end they felt real lucky to escape with a win by just 3 points.



Despite my team being very young I was amazed how they soaked in the instructions given to them by myself and my other coaches. I gave them a pep talk before the game and you could tell that they believed that they were champions and they played just like champions. I wish I could keep all of my kids together for next season but since our Parish keeps things very fair we go through a draft process and keep all the teams evenly matched. I was taught a lot by my kids yesterday. They showed me that competition can and should always be fun. When it's all over the most important thing is that we had the opportunity to play and we gave it our all. The best gift that I got from my team was that I saw them learn and improve throughout the season. That is how I know I did my job.



I highly recommend the Burbank Parochial League to anyone in the Burbank area. It's fun, competitive, and filled with great coaches that truly care about the development of every child involved. There are four churches involved in the Burbank Parochial League, St. Robert Bellarmine, St. Francis Xavier, St. Patrick of North Hollywood, and St. Finbar. For more information check out the website http://www.bplbaseball.com/. I hope to see some of you at sign ups in October. Also championship Sunday is next week. Check out the schedule to see what division your child would play in and check out the championship game next week.

Mobile post sent by mar2473 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: